Friday, September 2, 2011

Busy Day!

Today was quite a busy day, I got to meet up with one of my favorite sewing friends, Sandra. Together we planned out my first "Rag Quilt". I had purchased fabric for a quilt weeks before, and I think that the colors I chose will work very nicely for a little childrens sized quilt.

Sandra and I went to Joanns because I wanted to show her the fabrics I had chosen. Luckily I was able to find one of the prints, but the others were gone. Probably all sold out. (What can I say, I have excellent taste, haha just kidding) I only wish I had bought just a little extra fabric, but I'm sure I'll make it work.

One thing I'm particularly excited about is that Rag Quilts don't need to be bound. As a beginning quilter, myself, I find binding to be a chore! While I do know that in order to move into a more advanced sewing arena I do need to learn how to correctly bind quilts and especially need to learn how to bind a quilt with a mitered border. But for now, I can look past all of that and just get right down to the fun part of sewing. I'm also going to be using Sandra's Accuquilt Die Cutting Machine, which will make the whole process even easier and faster!

Here's a picture of the fabric I found at Joanns, and then at home I rounded up the three fabrics I want to use for the quilt, but yet as I sit here and look, this blue just doesn't seem to be fitting. I think I'm going to have to go back and find another pink print to make it all work. What do you think?






No comments:

Post a Comment