Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Planting Gladiolus

Bulb planting is one of my favorite parts of gardening. I never tire of putting corms, tubers, bulbs and anything else you can put in the ground to get a beautiful flower.

Today was mainly focused on Gladiolus, tall beautiful stalks of flowers, as I was filming a little clip for my youtube page. Gladiolus are easily acquired at any home garden store, and if you want a variety that is a little more special there are many web based bulb stores where you can get amazing and exotic bulbs. I really like Dutch Bulbs. There's so many fine bulb distributors out there, I'm sure you'll find one that you like and will be planting bulbs in no time!

Here are some pictures from my morning:

The difference between the top and bottom of a Gladiolus bulb

Me using my long handled bulb planter

All planted! now... patience....

Remember if you plant Gladiolus every two weeks you will have a wonderful succession of blooms in your garden all summer long!

No comments:

Post a Comment